Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2 billion swipes per day, 20 million matches per day and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive and rapidly growing. The Security Team keeps our data and intellectual property secure from all internal and external threats, both human and technological.
About The Role:
We are looking for an experienced, Senior Application Security Engineer to help us ensure the highest standard of security for Tinder products and our members across the world. You will lead collaborations across various teams to develop, design and execute security priorities that directly impact all of Tinder’s user-facing platforms.
What You'll Do
- Design and lead the implementation of SDLC practices including code reviews, static/dynamic code analysis and vulnerability assessments
- Serve as a subject matter expert for Application Security, providing guidance to Engineering and Product teams
- Lead research into suspected application vulnerabilities
- Lead efforts around secure development training for our Engineers
- Maintain awareness of known vulnerabilities in application technologies used within Tinder
What You'll Need
- Prior experience securing large-scale web/mobile applications, including performing security code reviews, vulnerability assessments, and manual testing for logic flaws.
- Familiarity with dynamic and static application security tools
- Experience performing thorough threat modeling of web applications
- The ability to effectively partner and communicate with Engineering and Product teams
Nice to Have
- 3 or more years application security and/or development experience
- Experience assessing Node.js, Java, React, iOS and/or Android
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business
- Tremendous opportunity to seek some of the industry’s most exciting problems
- Working with an outstanding team of creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, and 401(k) match
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.